Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Happy 50th Birthday Debbie Turner!


Debbie Turner is well-known as the Hollywood actress who played little Marta in The Sound of Music (the one who said "I'm going to be seven on Tuesday, and I'd like a pink parasol).

(She is the little girl second from the right in the line of children pictured above.)

When I was planning to get engaged to Karen, I emailed Debbie to ask for some help in finding the location where the children had had the picnic in the film, as that was where I was planning to ask Karen to marry me (a stunningly beautiful place - click here to see pics of our engagement). I did not really expect a reply, but Debbie was wonderful and ever so helpful and I will never forget this.

So, Happy 50th birthday today Debbie, and thanks so much for all your help!

No comments: