Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Battle of Britain Air Display

Tomorrow is meant to be the annual Battle of Britain Air Display in Guernsey. Whether or not it will actually take place depends on the weather, which is looking a bit marginal judging from the current forecast.

I have many fond memories of this display (I first remember seeing the Red Arrows fly over my old house for the display when I was about 3 or 4 - roughly 1976 - my parents stood me on a chair and I nearly fell off due to the noise!).

Here is a video I took of a Lancaster Bomber taking off from Guernsey a few years back on its way to the afternoon display in Jersey (Guernsey's display is always in the morning). Just listen to those beautiful engines!

2 comments:

Sameranda said...

That's so cool. I too have many fond memories!

Have just read your story of your proposal, that is just about the most romantic thing in the world, ever! And its next month? Have an amazing day!

SteveR said...

Thank you! Yep, it is next month, and I am panicking about all the changes that are happening in a short space of time! Oh well....I am sure it will be ok.

Karen certainly did appreciate the romantic proposal thanks. The Sound of Music is one of my all time favourite films, so I am glad I was able to visit many of the locations - that was very awe-inspiring.